Friday, July 6, 2012

We made it!

We made it...to the third trimester! I can't believe that little Mav has been cooking for 28 weeks (heehee), and I praise God that I have had such a healthy and relatively easy pregnancy thus far. It is a huge gift that both Matt and I are so grateful for. With that said, I am relinquishing my guard.

I. AM. so. very. TIRED.

There, I said it, lol. I am no longer indefatigable, and am quickly realizing that my pre-baby travel schedule/daily approach to life is not meshing well with Maverick's growing routine. Never have I felt like I needed to literally sit down while walking a short distance in order to ease my body. Or so desperately desire to lay down and put my feet up because it is too uncomfortable to sit. Or not be able to think about next week's (or the next day for that matter) activities because it feels like my brain is going to explode. And all of this has happened so quickly, or maybe it has been a slow decline and I have just been so busy this past month that I didn't have time to realize it. But its here. Its the elephant in the room as I continue to TRY and complete my daily tasks and book travel arrangements and fly everywhere that I want to be. And the elephant is yelling at me to STOP, lol.

I think that I have been on an airplane more these past few weeks than I have been at home, and perhaps that has contributed mainly to this feeling of helplessness/exhaustion. I LOVE traveling and visiting family and friends, it is one of my life passions. And to have that not be an easy task is very challenging for me to swallow. I don't know if I thought I was an exception to the rule of pregnancy, where I wouldn't get fatigued and have to sacrifice my ways of doing things, but God is teaching me otherwise. Its like every force of nature is coaxing me to slow down, rest, sleep, and take it easy...none of which comes easy to me! I am so used to being on the go, go, go, getting things done, crossing off the to-do list, planning for future events, and now my body and brain feel like mush. I guess it is nature's way of prepping for the baby to come into this world and forcing mommy to take it easy before life gets even more crazier, lol. Don't even hold me to this post when I write back in 4 months and say that I am REALLY tired from lack of sleep because of a newborn, haha. But at least then my body will have completed its task as an incubator/vessel of life. Then I will just supply nourishment for the next how many months, but that is supplementary :o)

I have had such an amazing time these past few weeks-- Atlanta again for Lindsey's beautiful engagement shower, Seattle- where I indulged in bubble tea everyday, Vietnamese pho, endless seafood, and cool weather...I can't wait to post pictures! Right now I am in LA, which has been the perfect temperature accompanied by sunshine, Matt and I were able to go to dinner for the 4th of July, I have seen family and friends at games, and relaxed at the pool. Sunday we will head to Kansas City for the All-Star game, which is a huge blessing and honor. My amazing in-laws have taken our furbabies for the 2 weeks we will have been away, and although I miss them dearly, they are having a great time at grandma & grandpa's :o) I will post pictures of them as well enjoying themselves, and it will be in a future post since it just wouldn't be normal for me to post pictures in the present tense!

I hope that everyone had a festive and relaxing 4th of July. Missing you all and praying for each of you. Sending lots of love from my slowing down body and mind, lol. But it is worth it for baby Maverick! He is getting bigger and stronger each day which is all that matters :o) Just don't crack on me when I have to sit down after walking for 15 minutes, remember that I was a Division 1 athlete! Waaay back in the day ;D xoxoxo

3 comments:

  1. hang in there (and stop making the thought of ever reproducing so scary... JK)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mariaaa! It's funny how life teaches us these little lessons, isn't it? Sometimes this "teaching" = being extremely forceful. Haha. Hang in there, and try to embrace the changes and the lessons... I guess this is what's hard for all of us to do in life! :) At least it gives you an excuse to pause and take in this amazing life that you're living when you need to take a break during a walk or put your feet up (hopefully with a foot massage from Matt) when you're feeling tired.

    Have fun in KC! So proud of Matt. Get some Oklahoma Joe's BBQ--it will make you and Matt AND Maverick happy, I guarantee. :)

    We're really happy that we're able to see what you are all up to on your blog! Lots of love from us!!!

    xoxox Rachel (& Mikael)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Things are-a-changing! Time for you to stop traveling and for us to come visit, help, and spoil you!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete