- lazy, rainy days
- lunch with sweet Jess
- Matt's boxers that don't squish Maverick
- surprise visits from neighborhood cats
- restful sleep
- technology to talk to the hubbs while he is on the road
- opportunities for growth
- the Baltimore community
- amazing neighbors and their adorable kiddos
- bubble tea :o)
- new adventures for friends
- the power of prayer
- baby kicks
- seeing little feet and limbs
- snuggling with my boys
- candy/chocolate/desserts
- God's comfort and hand over loved ones' lives
- our neighborhood
- water
- volunteer callings
- voicemails :o)
- pictures that capture 1000 words
- the bunny that lives on our street
- perseverance
- curling up with a good book
- having the windows open
- looking at beautiful things
I met with the Director of the BARCS (Baltimore Animal Rescue & Care Shelter) yesterday, who has become a treasured friend. This woman is tough as nails, yet has the most gentle spirit. I could go on and on about her story and how she tirelessly works day in and day out for the innocent animals of Baltimore and their rights. Or you could just read about her revolution here, since it does such a better job than me trying to restate it! We always have the best time in her office just catching up, brainstorming, laughing, and sometimes crying. Every time that I go to the shelter I am affected on a another level emotionally, and I've been to a lot of shelters. Its an indescribable situation unless you witness it firsthand. I also often feel this way as I drive through the streets of Baltimore. A sense of hopelessness. Despair. Why, God? Wanting to wipe the slate clean and start over. Searching for a solution to the problem. How can one person help? Life is hard. Reality is tough. We need hope.
As I was driving home from the shelter, my mom told me about the Colorado shootings. I was in shock, and yet it seems that this is becoming a norm for our country to hear this type of news. My heart began to sink. And then I heard this song on the radio.
It is one of my favorites, and it immediately put things in perspective. Every time I hear it, it calms my soul. It helps me remember who is in control, and what we can do to help the situation. We can pray. We can follow His callings in our lives. We can use our gifts and talents to help others, whatever they may be. I feel so fortunate to be in two different cities each year. I thank God for placing us in both of these places, and giving us the opportunity to impact other's lives for good. To bring hope, or simply to bring a smile to someone else's face. If there is one thing that I have learned in life, it is that you are always placed somewhere for a reason :o) Despite the tragedies of this world, let us always be reminded of who holds the universe, and always keep looking up.
...Greater things have yet to come, and greater things are still to be done in this city. Greater things have yet to come, and greater things are still to be done here. There is no one like our God.
No comments:
Post a Comment