Sunday, September 16, 2012

Worth the Wait

"For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has? But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently" ~Romans 8:24-25

Oh, how ironic and perfect is God's timing! My devotional today was called "Worth the Wait" and it is certainly what I needed. As well as my sweet neighbor who stopped me yesterday and handed me a prayer book for expecting parents, telling me that she and her husband have been praying for us everyday and little babe's arrival. I was so touched. These little encounters, as well as everyone's caring texts, calls, and thoughts, have been so comforting. I can not thank you enough! I have been quite emotional recently with the realization that he could be making his debut at any moment. Matt left for a 10 day road trip on Thursday, the first week being on the west coast...and I was not prepared for what I would feel.  It was very difficult to say goodbye, thinking of all of the possibilities that could happen over a week and a half span. Needless to say I am a control freak, and these last few weeks have made me feel anything but in control! Fortunately He is, the creator of the universe and the One who has been protecting and molding Maverick for 9 months :o) And that is awe-inspiring.

Matt and I went to my 38 week appointment last Wednesday, and my nurse said that she felt like she wasn't going to see me next week...I told her to be quiet! I am praying that her intuition is false, and that Matt can get back on the east coast if anything is going to happen. Heck, I could be worrying for nothing and he could be late! The rampant emotions! My doctor did say I was about 2 cm dilated, so we will see. I have felt him really low recently, almost as if I were to sneeze and he could fall out. If only it were that easy!?! Haha. 

Carli was able to fly up and be with me for the past few days, which was just what I needed to get my mind off of things :o) We relaxed, lounged, ate lots of yummy food, and got our nails and toesies done!  I think I drove her crazy with my nuances, but nothing she hasn't encountered for the past 13+ years ;o)  I am watching the game right now (hubs just hit his 20th home run, woohoo!) and waiting to go pick up my mom tonight, which I am so excited about. There is nothing like having your mommy take care of you :o) I can't wait to share everything with her that is about to happen...I have a feeling I am about to get even more emotional, in a good way. So much excitement, anticipation, and joy is flowing through me...even though I have been worried/anxious about timing and missing Matt. All of the positive trumps the negative, hands down. The bottom line...I can't wait for my husband and I to hold our little miracle. I am trying to imagine things and get teary eyed just thinking about it. The finish line is so close, its actually tangible. I feel unworthy of this immense blessing, God is so good. :o)

37 weeks 

38 weeks


How Far Along?: 38 weeks
Total Weight Gain: 26 smackaroos
Any Baby Preparations? I hope I have everything...lol. If not--oh well, we'll go get it! There are a few last minute things I want get to put in my hospital bag, which my mom and I will go grab this week. Carli and I busted out my breast pump and familiarized ourselves with this workings, it was quite comical ;D
Clothing Situation: Same dresses, workout clothes.
Any Appointments? 39 week on Wednesday, my mom will be able to come with! My doctor is ironically going to Boston for vacation and going to our game Friday night while she is there, lol. So I will see another doctor in the practice, but one all of my girlfriends have gone to in the past. 
Bodily Changes: Getting fairly uncomfortable, still manageable, but he is so darn strong! Little guy is kicking me in the ribs and when he moves around it hurts. I feel like he is very low and I hope I'm not hurting his neck when I bend over! 
Sleep: The other night I only woke up/peed twice, which was revolutionary. Lets hope for more of those sound nights before he arrives.
Best Moment(s) of the Week: Spending time with Matt, seeing Carli and my mom :o)
Movement: He is very active at night still, and at random bouts in the day. Someone is practicing swinging the umbilical cord like Daddy swings a bat...thats all that I can picture when I see his limbs protruding from my abdomen!
Food Cravings: Been indulging in desserts :o)
Anything Making You Queasy? Thinking that I could go into labor and Matt would not make it back in time for the birth. 
Gender: boy boy boy!
Mood: EAGER!!!
Looking forward to: Matt being back on the east coast, and God's perfect timing :o)

Love yall, will keep you posted with any updates! I hope that everyone had a wonderful weekend, lots of xoxo :D


No comments:

Post a Comment