Hi lovies! I hope that everyone had a relaxing and fun Labor day weekend :o) I made a last minute decision (or rather Matt did for me, lol) to ride the train up with the team to NYC for the weekend series. Needless to say I've been a little antsy at home while he has been on the road, contemplating if anything were to happen and being alone. Traffic had also become absolutely terrible in Baltimore because of the Grand Prix taking place downtown, and momma needed a little break from the furbabies- even though I missed all of them terribly while I was away. Such a double edged sword! I am so thankful I was able to go because Matt and I had some quality time together, 2 nights out on the town to enjoy dinner and we were able to see Rock of Ages on Broadway-- which was amazing! The show was hysterical and if you are a fan of 80s music you will be in heaven like I was! It was Matt's first theater experience and I think he had a great time :o) He also indulged in his first Shake Shack order, yum. I was permitted to have a few bites, lol. I also got to see a dear friend from high school that I hadn't seen since our teenage years, which was an awesome treat!
In baby news, we had our 36 week appointment last Wednesday, which meant *ultrasound*! We got to see our little munchkin and it was magical. He is still a boy, which Matt is pleased with, haha. We also found out that his head circumference is measuring greater than the 98th percentile...pretty much off the charts. This was a little alarming to me as I try to wrap my brain around the fact that his giant head has to descend through my lady bits...hmm. I do blame the hubby because I do not have a big head! Our doctor reassured us that these are all estimates and not to worry...but still! As far as weight they estimate that he is already 6.5 pounds, which is average (55th percentile). If he puts on the half pound a week and I go full term, we are looking at an 8.5 pounder, joy. As long as he is healthy! I just hope my pelvis is big enough ;D It was exciting to learn some details of our little man, as it makes it that much more real that he will be here shortly. Matt was grinning from ear to ear! I go in tomorrow for 37 weeks and they will check to see if I have dilated at all. So we shall see!
35 weeks, sorry for blur
36 weeks
Other than those highlights, things have been pretty slow around the Wieters house. I've been trying to get some functions organized with promoting the Orioles Pet Calendar and BARCS Olympic Pet Challenge at the shelter, coordinating a baby shower for another sweet wife on the team, keep up with the house & ever growing needs of my 3 furry children, all while feeling like I can't think clearly and am physically going to pop. Thankfully my belly button is still intact, and if it remains that way until Mav is here, I'm going to throw a party! That was my one big fear that I am thankful hasn't come to fruition. Been watching a lot of baseball, and the political happenings with the election. Its been exciting to meet some new player's wives that we have acquired through moves, although its also been bittersweet with other moves in our organization. All I can say is that despite my numerous relocations as a military brat and dealing with the "loss" (in location) of close friends, its ironic that I didn't choose a new lifestyle that minimized that. Change is inevitable, in essence it has always been my normal-- but it just plain hurts sometimes. I'm so excited for friends' new opportunities and blessings in store, but its hard not to see them on a regular basis. Its hard on everyone. The silver lining is that baseball, like the military, is a small world. We often rejoin friends on other teams, run into each other during visiting homestands, spring training, and off season trips. Those day in day out season grinds will always remain fond memories :o) I am so thankful for the dear friends and sisters in Christ that I have made on our baseball journey thus far...sometimes I just get a little selfish and want all of my favorite people to still surround me! Instead they are given the opportunity to shine their lights in other cities and touch others the way they have touched me. I miss them all dearly, just like I miss all of my friends that are scattered across the nation. What is fun is that I always have an excuse to travel to visit loved ones!
Sorry for such a long paragraph! lol. I will leave you with this last picture that sums up a lot of what I have been doing lately, or rather, trying to when Millie isn't pawing the door to go on a walk. Mr. Omaha has been quite the comforter, as he always is, but it is funny how strongly he makes his affection known. Especially when Matt is out of town...he becomes man of the house :o) I don't know what I would do without my little snuggle bunny...I hope he isn't mad at momma for having another little man to snuggle with soon. Praying that all of the babies adjust well to their new brother, and take him under their wing. They will provide him with lots of entertainment to come! xoxo




Finally catching up on blog reading tonight.... I LOVE how you worded friendships in baseball. A lot of ups and downs, that's for sure. Can be painful, but their light is shining somewhere else just like you said :)
ReplyDelete