Hello lovies! Its been a hot minute, lol. I am drafting this in Pages in attempt to write without the distraction of the internet...since my recent struggle has been trying to get 10 things done at once, which results in not getting anything done, and not being able to remember what I was trying to do in the first place! Ah the joys of pregnancy!
It has been an eventful past 2.5 weeks, and I figured the best way to recap would be a bullet list :o) Since I last wrote...
- got to spend some time at home (FL!) with my mom baby shopping and doing girly things before Matt got in town to play the Rays. We successfully relocated the daybed into another room and set up the crib, and laid out the rug that I had ordered offline for the nursery. Thank God for moms!
- I am officially out of Invisalign (woohoo! no more orthodontic appliances!)
- We were thankful to stay at the house and enjoy an off-day together, in which we shopped for half of the day for a dresser and rocker for the nursery, and came back empty handed. Matt. Was. Miserable. To say the least, lol. He has declared himself out of the planning process for Mav’s room. The rest of the day we spend lounging in the pool, enjoyed the sunset on Siesta, and grabbed some yummy Italian for dinner. I hope I redeemed myself due to the latter part!
- Relaxed and enjoyed the Vinoy...the food, the pool, St. Pete, and a Rays game thrown in. It was great to see my family and have them at the hotel with us :o)
- Karla’s Bridal Shower was on Sunday at the original Columbia restaurant in Ybor City...and it was a fabulous time! It was a gorgeous private room and the food was killer, as well as the company of my besties! I got to spend the rest of the day with Carli, Karla and Kelly at the Savery townhouse, snuggling on the bed and loving on the animals, just our style :o)
- My flight was delayed 6 hours home due to maintenance issues, but I got a future voucher and safely made it to Baltimore! Glad it was my last flight for a long time.
- After crashing at 4 am, I woke up to Millie’s poop (explosive diarrhea) and pee on the carpet in the living room. Fabulous. When it rains it pours, right?!?! lol.
- Was thankful to have Matt home to help, somewhat, even though they went into a 14 inning game that night...sheer exhaustion.
- I had my first Childbirth Education class at the hospital on Wednesday night, in which I was the only woman without a partner/significant other. Can I get an amen baseball/military wifeys!?! It was a grand time.
- Took Ducky to a specialist for his kidney issues, dragged Matt with me since I can’t make rational decisions as of late. Thankfully everything has come back normal with the exception of blood in his urine (still), but we are hoping he just has chronic inflammation and this is normal for him since he does not display any abnormal symptoms. Now we tackle the question of whether to run more tests (ultrasounds, etc) that he has already had done to see if there are new issues. I hate putting my baby through tests!
- Had a Wives Suite night at the field on Friday, it was so fun to catch up with all the ladies in the comfort of the indoors with free drinks and grub...my way to watch a game!
- Abby’s 3rd Birthday Party was Saturday morning at Port Discovery, can’t believe little Abigail Grace is 3! Liz and Jim had her party their last year and it was crazy to see how much the kiddos had grown in a year. And even more insane to think that in a little over a year we will be throwing Maverick’s 1st birthday party!
- The game that night didn’t start until 10:15 due to weather delays...how fabulous!! Another late night for the Wieters house, and daddy able to help out a lot at home, not.
- Sunday Funday= Tim McGraw/Kenny Chesney concert! And we got to see our beloved Tatums! We took a party bus from the field after the game down to FedEx field in DC. Although I was Sober Sally, it was an all around blast. Great friends, watching our men let loose and have a good time, mommas were able to let loose without kiddos, awesome music, Tim McGraw is a hottie, free food, multiple soda waters with lime from the bar, we got to go backstage!, dancing, the list goes on and on! Even the bus ride back was eventful considering there were poles...it was just hilarious. A great time had by all.
- Monday we paid for it. Even though we got back by 1 AM, we were wiped out from our country music high, lol. And especially this prego momma! Thankfully Matt had off and we were able to sleep in, before going baby mode with my 34 week appointment and a private infant CPR/handling class back at home. We grabbed chinese at our local spot and Matt was asleep on the couch again at 8:30, haha. We had a very low key night to say the least.
- My high continued on Tuesday when I was able to see Emily and Hadley! We had dinner over at Liz’s with the kiddos and walked to get ice cream along the harbor. It was a great girls night, just what we needed!
- Wednesday was so very special, my O’s ladies hosted a shower for Maverick at a fabulous local restaurant, Lebanese Taverna. They know me too well for picking a yummy ethnic place! Everything was perfect, down to the personalized M n M’s that said “baby boy” and “Maverick” :o) I am so thankful to have such incredible friends and an amazing baseball family. I will have to post later with all of the details :o)
Phew, sorry for the regurgitation! Matt left for Detroit yesterday, so I have been getting things done at home, washing baby clothes, catching up on emails, etc. And eagerly awaiting the arrival of Kristen tomorrow night! She is coming to visit for a few days and I am so looking forward to just lounging around with her and catching up. I told her that I have slowed down a bit, lol. I am officially 34 weeks...6 weeks to go! I can’t believe it. I will post tomorrow with recent belly shots! Hope everyone is having a great Friday night. Sending lots of love from our couch in Baltimore :o) xoxo


So glad you were able to make it to Abby's bday again this year. She loves her Matt and RiRi!! ;) So thankful we were able to spend some time together with Emily & Hadley, especially now that we won't be seeing this this month... I surely thought they'd be in Baltimore. (So happy for them though, awesome news!)
ReplyDelete