A wife of noble character who can find?
She is worth far more than rubies.
11 Her husband has full confidence in her
and lacks nothing of value.
12 She brings him good, not harm,
all the days of her life.
13 She selects wool and flax
and works with eager hands.
14 She is like the merchant ships,
bringing her food from afar.
15 She gets up while it is still night;
she provides food for her family
and portions for her female servants.
16 She considers a field and buys it;
out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.
17 She sets about her work vigorously;
her arms are strong for her tasks.
18 She sees that her trading is profitable,
and her lamp does not go out at night.
19 In her hand she holds the distaff
and grasps the spindle with her fingers.
20 She opens her arms to the poor
and extends her hands to the needy.
21 When it snows, she has no fear for her household;
for all of them are clothed in scarlet.
22 She makes coverings for her bed;
she is clothed in fine linen and purple.
23 Her husband is respected at the city gate,
where he takes his seat among the elders of the land.
24 She makes linen garments and sells them,
and supplies the merchants with sashes.
25 She is clothed with strength and dignity;
she can laugh at the days to come.
26 She speaks with wisdom,
and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
27 She watches over the affairs of her household
and does not eat the bread of idleness.
28 Her children arise and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her:
29 “Many women do noble things,
but you surpass them all.”
30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
31 Honor her for all that her hands have done,
and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.
I can't tell you how many times I have read this chapter and studied this strong woman depicted in the bible. During the past week, this is what came to my mind as we celebrated her life, her essence, and her legacy. And what a ride she had :o) Maija was a woman that just exuded beauty and love, everyone around her couldn't help but be charmed by her accent, her demeanor, her jewels(!), and her genuine zest for life. She was a lover of all things wonderful...the arts, music, flowers, books, vibrant colors, fragrances, food, entertaining, traveling, shopping, her beloved family, friends, and pets. She was a creator, a lover, a chef, a fabulous hostess, an artist, a mother, a grandmother, aunt, a giver, and most importantly, a woman of God. Her faith was as strong as an ox, and carried her through the difficult times in her life that led her to be a woman of such beauty and strength. This is what emanated the most when you encountered her. Her love and trust in Him. And it was Him who carried her home.
My grandma lived one of the most rich and full lives that could have been lived. And that is what we celebrated. Yes, the pain was there and it stung to think that we did not have her beauty and grace to surround us anymore. To lead us to be the best versions of ourselves. Her presence was heavily missed as we talked, laughed, cried, and held each other in her stunning home. Her home that resonates her beauty and love for life, each picture, painting, and artifact telling a story of her and my grandpa's journey. We were all comforted by Him in knowing that she was safe, she was no longer in pain, she was no longer suffering. She was so ready to go be with her precious Father, and we were so thankful to know that she went swiftly and in her own private, selfless way. When I got the call from my mom that she had gone to heaven, I literally breathed a sigh of relief. And I say that with the relief and peace that only God can bring in losing a loved one. After battling ALS for over a year, she was ready. And to say that she battled is an understatement. Although you are never truly ready to let go of someone that you love so dearly, we all knew that it was God's perfect timing. We had prayed for that perfect timing during the last few days. And He answered and continues to answer so many of our cries.
I miss her so much. It hurts to think about so I try not to. But I will never be able to look at something beautiful without thinking of her, so I better get used to it :o) There are so many things I could say, so many memories I could revisit, but this post would go on endlessly. I know she is shaking her finger at me right now as I tear up! She was always so strong. I'm sad that Maverick will not be able to meet her. But I am so thankful and fortunate for the time that we spent together, because every moment was beautifully orchestrated and perfectly special.
I hope and pray that I can be half the woman that she was, and share in her rock solid faith. Throughout the pain, I am comforted in a way that can only be described as God's amazing grace. He is so faithful. Please pray for those who have loved and miss her dearly to continue to be comforted and covered with His peace. She is smiling down on us, and loving every second of being in heaven :o) I love you, Grandma. You live on in every good and perfect gift from above.




i miss her, maybe she and nana are making acquaintance up there :)
ReplyDelete