Monday, May 28, 2012

Playing catch-up

Happy Memorial Day! I hope everyone has had a blessed, relaxed, and fun-filled weekend. Millie and I had a great day, and started it off with a memorial ceremony at the waterfront park across the street. I heard music and we walked over to investigate, and ended up arriving perfectly for the start of the service. It was so touching to watch the color guard present the colors and hear Taps played, it stirs in me so many memories of my upbringing which I am so thankful for. Millie got a little scared during the gun shots, but she was a very good girl :o) Here is a shot I took during the ceremony.

We certainly have had an eventful week, but one filled with quality time which was wonderful. Since my last post, Matt and I got to have dinner together on Wednesday night since there was a day game (we treasure day games!), as well as spend the entire day together on Thursday. It was the first off day in 20 days and much needed (we treasure off days even more! lol). Matt was such a great sport and allowed me to take him to a baby store to research/browse stroller options, as well as stops at Target and Babies R Us to look around. This was the first time we had really gone together in search of baby gear, and although it was a lot for one day, it was great to get his opinion and share some laughs together. They even had a fake baby (which weighed like 30 pounds, haha) for you to test out the strollers with in the store. Matt got a kick out of it and also my inability to make decisions while simultaneously getting everyone’s opinion about every possibility which just confuses me more. Sigh! Looks like online shopping might be the best option for us. On a positive note, we narrowed it down to 2 stroller options, the UppaBaby Cruz and the City Mini GT. We like the GT for biased reasons!

On Saturday I got another nostalgic dose when I drove up to Pennsylvania for a bridal shower. There is nothing like the rolling hills and good ole Pennsylvania dutch countryside! I also got to see my Sarah, which is always an amazing time. Her brother (little Saul!) is getting married at the end of June, so I got to join in on showering her future sister-in-law at the Grandinetti house. Although I can’t join in on the wedding festivities, it was great to see one of my second families and catch up. Sarah and I have been friends since 4th grade in Ft. Leavenworth, KS, and dedicated pen-pals since then! I can’t tell you how funny it is to go through our box of letters/momentos from throughout the years :o)

Matt had a day game on Saturday so I got to see him when I got back from PA. I really have been spoiled! We had a relaxing night at home and dined on pizza and snuggled on the couch, aren’t those some of the best nights!?! ;D He left for Toronto yesterday so I have commenced hibernation mode and been trying to get a lot of things done before I head out to Tampa on Thursday. I had meant to post a lot earlier, but for some reason my internet has been very iffy, so I have been frustrated with that. As well as my phone, darn technology!

Baby Mav is doing great :o) He is active as ever and has been recently having a dance party when I lie down to go to sleep at night. I have been starting to get a little uncomfortable in bed with trying to get situated, but I feel like I can’t complain at all because I’m sure its only going to get worse as I get bigger! I got one of those body pillows during our trip to Target, but I’m not really feeling it. Its easier for me to just put a pillow between my legs than have another huge, obtrusive object to compete with (in addition to my hubby and the cats!). 23 weeks is on Thursday, so I will take/post a pic of 22 over the next few days. I’ve been a little retroactive with my belly shots, I apologize! I have been really overwhelmed recently with the feeling of not being prepared. I think looking for things on Thursday shed light on the fact that we have nothing for the nursery/or any big items for the babe. I know that we will get them soon, but that means that I actually have to make some decisions, and be confident in them-- which I have been struggling with recently. Oy vey pregnancy hormones! It is comforting to know that all that we really need for when he comes is an infant car seat to take him home, some clothes, and a safe place for him to sleep, whether it is a drawer or a bassinet, lol. The crib/furniture/etc is secondary, so I need to stop stressing out. Minimalist! All that I can do is research options and if I see something that I love obviously I will order it and ship it to FL. So I’m off to google Eco-friendly cribs...wish me luck! Miss and love you all, xoxo.

1 comment:

  1. skina, your internal struggles give me internal struggles!
    <3

    ReplyDelete