Knowing that we are fulfilling God's purpose is the only thing that really gives rest to the restless human heart. ~Charles Colson
Has another month flown by!?!? I can not believe it. I need to get better at this blogging thing, I apologize you guys! I feel awful. :o( I am going to try and be better, I promise! I will try to recap (with my trusty planner) the major highlights of the past few weeks...
- Carli's Engagement Party in Miami was a blast! Had soo much fun and successfully wore coconut bra without any major mishaps, lol
- saw my dear friend Sam (our realtor in FL) down in Annapolis while she was visiting her hubby...lots of good shopping, food, and desserts.
- had a wonderful 24th birthday (eek!), despite coming down with a cold. My girlfriends here threw me a birthday dinner at a yummy tapas restaurant that conveniently had "Cupcakes & Cocktails" night...lol. It was so sweet of them to think of me :o)
- Matt and I moved into the new rental...thankfully! The Wieters were in town that weekend and were able to help us, which made things go more smoothly. The babies LOVE it...Millie has a huge carpeted basement to herself where she can run run run around. And the kitties have lots of windows and love overlooking the park behind us. Plus we have a fenced in small yard which helps with potty time...except that someone has taken a liking to eat their own poopoo!!! GAHHH!
- I drove down to G-Vegas for Kristen's graduation...got to see my second familia and party college style again with my bestie! It was a lot of fun but I was not able to go full throttle due to my looming cold...but I believe that this was a blessing in disguise because I actually did not suffer from a severe loss while visiting! I.E. losing phone, hitting a deer, getting a ticket, busting my leg, making a fool of myself, etc! So proud of Kristen and also Shelly & Amelia who graduated at the same time! Love my smart, sexy ladies!
- drove back to Baltimore to see Matt for 2 days, we got a tv, cable finally came...(we had no cable for 1.5 months, poor Matt! lol), found out from Josh that our townhome in Atlanta flooded (joy), got to see O's ladies at game for bible study & dinner, packed for SC, woke up at 3:45 to catch my 5:30 AM flight to Charleston. My awesome hubby drove me to airport and took over mommy duties for the next 5 days while I enjoyed the SC sun and beach with his family :o)
Now I can talk present tense! heehee. My time in Charleston was incredible. We had so much fun preparing for the wedding and hanging out at the beautiful event house on Folly Beach. Wednesday and Thursday nights were Bachelorette festivities, and I even got to see Lindsey while she was in town with her hot new beau! Friday night was the Rehearsal Dinner at Poogan's Porch downtown (adorable, historic restaurant...with amazing food!), and then Saturday we were pampered with a Bridesmaid Brunch and got our hair done before the ceremony at 6. We ran some last few minute errands and helped set up prior to the beautiful wedding. It was just picturesque! Prayers for good weather were fulfilled and everything went smoothly :o) Rebecca looked absolutely gorgeous. The most charismatic event of the evening was the crab 1 foot in between Rebecca & Matt that proceeded to come in and out of its hole periodically throughout the ceremony. It was hilarious...all of us were cracking up and hoping that it was not going to crawl up her dress! We tried to catch it as a pet for them...since it was as apart of their wedding as anyone. Sadly we weren't successful! But I hope someone got a picture!
The reception was a sheer blast. The music was pumping, drinks were flowing, and everyone had an amazing time! I cried during their first dance because they are just so in love. It flows out of them and is so inspiring. I am just so happy for them and they had such a perfect day to celebrate their love for on another. My mom and Kaia got to come and we had a groovy time dancing :o) It was surreal not having Matt there, I really missed him. I tried not to think about it but I think when we look back at the formal family pictures on the beach it will hit me harder. As I'm sure with his parents and Becca. :o( It was just one of those things!
I was so overwhelmed with gratitude and love for this family that has taken me in under their wings. I am so blessed to have an amazing immediate family and my beautiful cousins, aunts/uncles, and grandparents that I grew up with...but now I have an even more extended family that is so beautiful and special. I got to get to know Matt's cousins a lot more during my time there, and we had so much fun. They made me feel like I truly belong, and I am so thankful to have such incredible in-laws and supportive family members :o)
I got home on Sunday night and was so excited to see Matt and the kiddos. Today he had a signing event in the morning so I haven't seen much of him, but it is good to be home and get organized again. It was a rainy day but perfect for catching up on emails/laundry/cleaning/settling in. Matt will leave tomorrow night for a 2 day series in Texas...wah. But he will be back in DC this Friday (his birthday!). Along with my Shelly Belly who is visiting and I am so excited to see!!! And Courtney! Its going to be a fun weekend :o)
I am also looking forward to Carli's visit next weekend...she is coming last minute on her break from PA rotation, woop woop! I will write more soon (I promise :o)) Much love to all and I hope everyone had a wonderful Monday! xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment